Built with the GP2040-CE firmware, the KeebBrawler controller line is the larger brother to the KeebFighters. Though larger, it keeps the same thin and light weight profile, and also features 4 wide thumb button for a more ergonomic feel
Find the latest firmware release here: GP2040-CE firmware
- PLA+ plus printed body, aluminum top and bottom plates, and acrylic top now included with every KeebBrawler
- All black metal panels and frame
- Wide split all button layout with 4 additional buttons
- Measurements: 394mm x 191mm x 15.4mm / 15.5" x 7.5" x 0.6" (not including button height)
- Weight: 1 kg / 2.2 lbs.
- Hot-swappable Kailh choc v1
- 15x Nylon button caps (black only)
- USB-C output
- Built-in configuration app
- Select from 5 input modes: XInput, Nintendo Switch, PS4(requires key), PS3 and Keyboard
- Multiple SOCD cleaning modes - Neutral, Up Priority, Second Input Priority
- Made to order and may take up to 14-30 business days excluding weekends.
- *Blue chocs will be installed for the circular buttons and Red chocs for the pill shaped, when selecting Blue chocs as your button choice
I have wider hands and most leverless options feel too cramped in the middle. The Keebbrawler layout, on the other hand, feels super comfortable to play with. I've been using mine for a month and it works great!
Although it's not as small as something like a snackbox, it's pretty portable (at least much more so than a traditional fightstick).
Lastly, the customer service/support was amazing! Huge thank you to Will for answering all of my questions and helping me out even after my purchase!
The unique button layout drew me in and I had to get one as soon as they were in stock. Its got a good weight, very smooth/satisfying button presses (the pill buttons feel like mini spacebars), and the GP2040-CE board comes with a lot of modular options for button assignment. I main SF6 (GGS, DBFZ on the side) right now, and this does improve the comfort of the right hand. HOWEVER, please be prepared to relearn how to move and place your hands for combos, have patience with the re-adjustment period.
Feels very nice, and the layout is exactly what I wanted.
Accidentally put that on the artwork review, so I'll just say the artwork came out great as well. Well worth the extra.
I'll run off the assumption that most people interested in this product already have a decent idea of what they're looking for in the niche area of boutique all button controllers. In my opinion, what sets Mavercade apart from other suppliers is that the KeebBrawler-04 in particular looks and feels like a finished product, rather than a design prototype. The quality of the build can't really be faulted, works well out of the box and comes complete with bespoke GP-2040CE operating instructions contextualised for the KeebBrawler, rather than the generic all-button design. Considering the price point in comparison to offerings from other sellers, I think you'd be hard pressed finding a product of similar build/design quality.
I also like that the KeebBrawler is very low profile, at about the same thickness as a Nintendo Switch for comparison, which helps the hands and wrist relax more naturally. Very happy with the product and would have no hesitation in recommending Mavercade as a trusted seller.